We are just a month away from the forthcoming WordPress 5.9 release, and now WordPress 5.9 Beta 3 is available for testing.
The new beta version of WordPress brings 14 fixes and enhancements aiming to sweeten the WordPress experience.
The development team said as the software version is still under development, users are recommended to not test it on a production site, rather run it on a test site as this software version is in beta.
Having said that, let’s take a short glimpse of a few changes in Beta 3:
- Editor: Add FSE infrastructure from Gutenberg plugin into Core.
- Formatting: Allow PDFs to embedded as objects.
- Language switcher on the login screen.
- REST API: Add navigation areas REST API endpoint from Gutenberg plugin.
- Themes: Live Preview button bug.
Furthermore, if users want to test WordPress 5.9 Beta 3 update, they can do it in three ways:
- Install and enable the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (Select the Bleeding edge channel and Beta/RC only stream)
- Directly download the beta version
- Use the WP-CLI, to Uprgrade from Beta 1 or Beta 2 to Beta 3. Use the following command sequentially:
wp core update --version=5.9-beta2
wp core update --version=5.9-beta3 --force
Meanwhile, WordPress 5.9 final release is scheduled for January 25, 2022.
For more Technology News, subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest updates from the various tech industries.
Looking for Best WordPress Hosting? Here’s an article that you can read on the top 10 best WordPress hosting providers.