Popular cloud service provider Oracle has opened a new cloud region in Chicago, Illinois. The current opening will be the company’s 41st cloud region.
Oracle’s new cloud region will offer clients better opportunities for better data efficacy and less latency. Oracle Chicago region provides more than 100 OCI services and applications including the likes of Oracle Autonomous Database, MySQL HeatWave, OCI Data Science, Oracle Container Engine for Kubernetes, and Oracle Analytics to unleash new business value and optimize applications.
Oracle Cloud Chicago Region is built to offer high availability, data residency, and disaster protection. the OCI architecture allows deploying cloud regions within distinct secure and isolated realms for various use cases.
Oracle Cloud Regions are currently available in:
- Asia Pacific: Tokyo (Japan), Osaka (Japan), Seoul (South Korea), Chuncheon (South Korea), Mumbai (India), Hyderabad (India), Sydney (Australia), Melbourne (Australia), Singapore (Singapore)
- Americas: San Jose (United States), Phoenix (United States), Ashburn (United States), Chicago (United States), Toronto (Canada), Montreal (Canada), São Paolo (Brazil), Vinhedo (Brazil), Santiago (Chile), Querétaro (Mexico)
- Europe: Frankfurt (Germany), London (United Kingdom), Newport, Wales (United Kingdom), Zürich (Switzerland), Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Marseille (France), Stockholm (Sweden), Milan (Italy), La Courneuve, Paris (France), Madrid (Spain)
- Middle East: Jeddah (Saudi Arabia), Abu Dhabi and Dubai (U.A.E), Jerusalem (Israel)
- Africa: Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Government: Two general U.S. Government regions, three U.S. Department of Defense-specific Government regions, several U.S. National Security regions, and two United Kingdom Government regions (London and Newport, Wales)
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s Executive Vice President, Clay Magouyrk said,
As the home to over 20 percent of the Fortune 500, 60 percent of all U.S. manufacturing, and the world’s largest financial derivatives exchange, the U.S. Midwest is a global innovation hub across key industries. These industries are increasingly seeking secure cloud services to support their need for high-speed data transfer at ultra-low latency. We are thrilled to open the new Chicago cloud region to help our Midwest customers and partners easily and securely move their mission-critical workloads to the cloud.
If you are interested in receiving regular updates on Cloud Computing news, sign up for our newsletter.