Debian-based GNU/Linux distro, SparkyLinux has got a new update Sparky 6.6 named as Po Tolo.
Based on Debian 11, Sparky 6.6 comes with Linux Kernel 5.10.166 LTS and is compatible with Linux Kernel 6.1.
The update also brings a new feature that allows running Sparky Live from a flash drive and saving the work. A few of the features and enhancements included with the update are:
- System upgraded from Debian & Sparky stable repos as of February 4, 2023.
- PC: Linux kernel 5.10.166 (6.1.10, 5.15.92-ESR, and 4.9.337-ESR49 (EOL) can be installed from Sparky unstable repos).
- ARM: Linux kernel 5.15.84-v7+.
- Firefox 220.127.116.11esr (109.0.1 Mozilla build can be installed from Sparky repos as the ‘firefox-sparky’).
- Thunderbird 102.6.0.
- LibreOffice 7.0.4.
- LXQt 0.16.0.
- Xfce 4.16.
- Openbox 3.6.1.
- KDE Plasma 5.20.5.
- Small improvements.
Note: The persistence feature isn’t compatible with the older version of SparkyLinux (older than 6.6).
To install the latest update on Sparky 6.x, type the following command in the terminal:
Sparky 6 is available in:
- amd64: LXQt, KDE Plasma, Xfce, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode).
- i686: LXQt, MinimalGUI (Openbox) & MinimalCLI (text mode).
- armhf: Openbox & CLI (text mode).
Additionally, to download Sparky 6.6, click on the link we provided.
Subscribe to our newsletter today for hot and trending Linux News updates from prominent tech industries.