Popular Debian based Linux distro, Ubuntu is now offering pro subscription for enterprise business and companies.
Until now, Ubuntu distro by Canonical had just the free version of the OS. However, the team has launched a pro subscription mainly focusing on security and uptime for use in public clouds.
Ubuntu Pro is crafted for companies that require servers or desktops to be running at all times with minimal downtime. The subscription offers 10 year security coverage for LTS versions of Ubuntu starting 16.04 LTS.
With Ubuntu Pro subscription, Linux users can enjoy following features:
- Expanded Security Maintenance for Infrastructure.
- Kernel Livepatch service to avoid reboots.
- FIPS 140 certified crypto modules.
- Ubuntu Security Guide (USG) with CIS Benchmark and DISA-STIG profiles.
- Expanded Security Maintenance for Application (esm-apps).
The pricing plan of Ubuntu Pro starts from $500 and goes up to $3400, depending on the needs of the enterprise.
Subscribe to our newsletter today for hot and trending Linux News updates from prominent tech industries.