Lately, American computer networking company; Netgear identified a high-severity vulnerability affecting some of its devices.
Reportedly, some of Netgear’s devices were affected by pre-authentication buffer overflow vulnerability with a CVSS score of 7.4.
And today, Netgear rolled out a firmware update to address the vulnerabilities on affected devices. The company also recommends its users install the latest firmware as soon as possible so as to avert any possible threats.
Meanwhile, Netgear has released the list of devices affected by the pre-authentication buffer overflow vulnerability. Check if your device is listed below:
Last but not the least, users can follow the below-mentioned steps to install and update the firmware on their device:
- Head over to the NETGEAR Support page.
- Search for your device model by typing in the keywords into the search box, a drop-down menu will appear showing your relevant model. If you are not getting results, select the category accordingly.
- Now, select the download option.
- Under Current Versions, select the download whose title begins with Firmware Version.
- Click Download.
- Follow the instructions in your product’s user manual, firmware release notes, or product support page to install the new firmware.
Alternatively, you can use the NETGEAR Orbi app / NETGEAR Nighthawk app / NETGEAR Insight app accordingly to install and update your firmware.
Are you looking for more security updates? Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest security news.