In this article, we will be sharing our crafted list of the 5 best chrome reader extensions that will enhance your online reading experience. Gain knowledge through reading today!
Often, you may have found distracting elements on the website that maketh your online reading experience tedious and frustrating. We can get rid of the intrusive ads, pop-ups, videos between the content through reader extensions.
Table of Contents
5 Best Chrome Reader Extensions (Unlock Reader Mode)
DOM Distiller Reading Mode by metarmask offers an enhanced reading experience. First, the reading mode eliminates unnecessary website elements such as the share buttons, space-hogging sidebars, and lastly, it serves the website content in a new interface.
With the click of a button, you can filter out all of the unimportant elements of a website, making it the best chrome reader extension.
Now, let us see the pros and cons of the DOM Distiller Reading Mode extension:
- The user interface is spotless
- Embedded photos and videos are finely adjusted
- The text content of the web pages are processed quickly
- No option for scaling fonts
EasyReader by Anton Johansson creates an index on the left side of the screen, thereby allowing you to efficiently scan through the content of a webpage and particularly helpful in cases where the articles are longer than usual.
Its simplicity and easy-to-use interface makes it one of the most acceptable Chrome reader extension.
With that being said, let us see the pros and cons of the EasyReader extension:
- The user interface is simple, clean, and can be understood by any reader.
- The extension can’t retrieve the original image size (crops or resizes the images)
Another reader extension for chrome browser is the Mercury Reader. However, this chrome reader extension is only beneficial for reading articles that don’t have supporting images or figures as this extension can’t retain videos or images in reader mode.
The best part of this extension is that it supports sending articles to Kindle devices (setting up an account). Additionally, it provides both themes (dark and light), not available in the majority of the Chrome reader extensions.
Now, let us see the pros and cons of the Mercury Reader extension:
- The user interface is quite appealing
- Compatibility with Kindle
- Offers options to change the text size, font as well as themes
Suppose you want a customizable reader extension for Chrome that extracts the content of a webpage to a simplified and easily readable format. In that case, the Just Read extension is what you are looking for. In addition, this extension offers default white and dark themes.
The best part of this extension is that it allows you to print a custom-styled version of the article. Additionally, it is open-source software.
Now, let us see the pros and cons of the Just Read extension:
- User Interface is minimalistic
- Efficiently blocks the pop-ups and intrusive ads
- A few textual elements like the bullet points likely appear to be in the messy form.
Reader View by Yokris.dev offers a clutter-free experience of a website, so you can easily read the contents of that site while sipping a cup of coffee or tea. What this extension does is that it remove extra formatting from the text that strains your eyes and also removes ads.
The best part of this Chrome reader extension is that it can modify any text content’s colour, font type, and font size. Besides this, it also allows changing the background colour for better readability.
Let us see the pros and cons of the Reader View extension:
- Ideal for reading well-detailed articles and online novels
- The themes offered by extension is soothing for the eyes
- Ability to change the font size and type
- Embedded images are removed after optimization
We hope this article helped you choose the best Chrome reader extension.
Furthermore, if you liked this article, you can also check out the article on the Best Free VPN Chrome Extensions in 2022.