Lately, the WordPress team announced the release of WordPress 6.1 Beta 1.
Meanwhile, the WordPress team has advised users to test this build on the test server as it is a beta version.
WordPress 6.1 Beta 1 comprises over 350 enhancements and 350 bug fixes for the editor, including over 250 tickets for WordPress 6.1 core.
WordPress version 6.1 includes the fixes as highlighted below
- Default theme powered by 10 unique style variations
- More design tools in more blocks
- Expanded and refined template experience and template options
- More intuitive document settings experience
- Header and footer patterns for all themes
- Improved quote and list blocks with inner block support
- More robust placeholders for various blocks
- New modal interfaces and preferences improvements
- Automatic navigation block selection with fallbacks and easier menu management
- Apply locking settings to all inner blocks in one click
- Improvements to the block theme discovery experience
- Accessibility updates, with more than 60 resolved tickets
- Performance updates, with more than 25 resolved tickets
Alternatively, users can use the below-mentioned WP-CLI command to install the core update:
wp core update --version=6.1-beta1
The final version of WordPress is scheduled to be released on November 1.
For more Technology News, subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest updates from the various tech industries.