Mozilla announced that Mozilla Firefox 104 is now available for Linux, Windows, and macOS systems. The latest version of Mozilla Firefox brings several new features and enhancements.
Following the Firefox 104 update, users can now watch the captions/subtitle for any of the Disney+ content during the picture-in-picture mode. Firefox profiler now supports Windows 11 amd Apple M1 based systems.
Firefox profiler is used to analyze a website’s power consumption by CPU package, CPU cores and GPU as segregated graphs by time.
Adiitionally, Firefox 104 version drastically minimizes the power consumption while the browser window is minimized. Like other browsers, Firefox earlier used to consume more power while it was in background however the update reduces the consumption.
This enhancement from Firefox will be enlightening for gamers as Firefox 104 updates minimizes the power consumption while in background thereby allowing them to play games without much frame drops.
The update also includes six security patches out of which four of them high severity vulnerability and one high severity vulnerability.
- CVE-2022-38472 (High): Address bar spoofing via XSLT error handling
- CVE-2022-38473 (High): Cross-origin XSLT Documents would have inherited the parent’s permissions
- CVE-2022-38474 (Low): Recording notification not shown when the microphone was recording on Android
- CVE-2022-38475 (Low): Attacker could write a value to a zero-length array
- CVE-2022-38477 (High): Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 104 and Firefox ESR 102.2
- CVE-2022-38478 (High): Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 104, Firefox ESR 102.2, and Firefox ESR 91.13
Lastly, you can download Firefox 104 from the link.
Are you looking for more software news? Stay tuned for the latest software news from top tech industries