At the beginning of this year, Facebook announced that it will be releasing several audio-based features and now the social media giant is introducing a dedicated hub for those features. With Facebook’s new Audio Hub introduced, the FB users can enjoy accessing the podcasts, short clips, and live audio rooms on the Facebook app.
According to a report by TechCrunch, Facebook has begun rolling out an audio hub feature for both Android and iOS users in the US. Users aged 18 and above will see this new option in the Facebook app.
Now, the big question is where can you find Facebook’s audio feature.
Where is Facebook Audio Hub located?
Facebook’s new Audio Hub can be found in Facebook for iOS and Facebook for Android. You can find it in the Facebook Watch section.
- Update your FB app to the latest version, if its already updated then proceed to next step
- Now, open the FB app
- Next, in the bottom navigation bar choose Watch (TV with play button icon)
- Now, you will observe multiple tabs like (For You, Music, Live, Following, Audio)
- Lastly, choose Audio
Additionally, Facebook is also working on audio-based services that include Soundbites, Podcasts, and Live Audio Rooms.
Facebook is introducing three main audio-based features:
- Soundbites: short audio clips similar to the Reels
- Podcasts: Facebook is working on podcast discovery tool
- Live Audio Rooms: Conduct audio discussion for the users and moreover the capability to record and share the audio conversations going on within the room.
As per Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, the Soundbites are the audio version of the Reels. At present, the audio clips feature is in beta and will be available to US users.
Moreover, the ability to run audio discussions on the group will also be rolled out soon. The Live Audio Room feature will help users start an audio discussion and a deeper engagement with their community. Users can listen to the audio conversations on their desktops. Meanwhile, social media giant Facebook is testing the option to create audio rooms on Android.
Featured Image: Tech Crunch
For more Network/Internet News. Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest update from the network & internet industries.