American Multinational company, Oracle has launched a new version of popular virtualization software, VirtualBox 7.0.4. The update along with kernel updates AlmaLinux 8.7 and SLES 15.4.
The newest version of the virtualization software introduces nesting paging support for nested virtualization on macOS 10.15 have an Intel processor and Windows XP systems have AMD CPUs. The update also addresses the issue where the Windows system crashes whenever Hyper-V is used.
A few other changes included in VirtualBox 7.0.4 update are highlighted below:
- GUI: Various bugfixes for the Guest Control file manager
- GUI: Fixed a regression in the new VM wizard. Selected virtual disks are no longer deleted when the wizard is canceled
- VirtioSCSI: Fixed recognition of the Virtio SCSI controller by the EFI firmware
- VirtioSCSI: Fixed hang when shutting down the VM if the Virtio SCSI controller is used
- virtio-net: Workaround a bug in the virtio-net driver included in FreeBSD version up to 12.3 which renders the device nonfunctional
- Storage: Fixed I/O errors with the VirtioSCSI controller when the host I/O cache is enabled
- VBoxManage: Fixed regression when the ‘createmedium disk –variant RawDisk’ command resulted in an invalid .vmdk file
- Main: Restored input pointing device behavior in multi-monitor VM configuration
- Main: Fixed progress indication during automatic Linux Guest Additions installation
- Guest Control: Fixed path handling issue
- 3D: Fixed VM process crash on macOS with 3D enabled
- Linux Host and Guest: General improvements in startup scripts
- Linux Guest Additions: Introduced initial support for RHEL 8.7 and 9.2 kernels
- Linux Guest Additions: Introduced initial support for SLES 15.4 kernels
- Linux Guest Additions: Fixed kernel modules rebuild behavior on system shutdown
Last but not the least, users can download VirtualBox 7.0.4 for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Solaris from the following link:
Subscribe to our newsletter today for hot and trending Linux News updates from prominent tech industries.