As a part of the Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft has released a new cumulative update i.e: Windows 11 KB5011493 comprising security updates, bug fixes, and enhancements. However, the main highlight of this update is the fix for the OneDrive that was not allowing users to delete files previously.
Furthermore, this March 2022 Patch Tuesday update is regarded as critical because it contains several fixes and security patches for the security vulnerabilities identified in the past few months.
We suggest our readers install the Windows 11 KB5011493 cumulative update as soon as possible. To install the update, Windows 11 users need to navigate to Start > Settings > Windows Update and then click the Check for Updates option.
Alternatively, users can check out the Microsoft Update Catalog to download and install the March 2022 cumulative update: KB5011493.
With that being said, let’s see what’s new in the March cumulative update for Windows 11
Windows 11 KB5011493 Update Highlights
Once you install the KB5011493 update, you will observe that the build number getting changed to 22000.556.
A few of the highlighted fixes included within the recent update are:
- Now, users can share the cookies of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer mode thereby offering users with a more seamless integration.
- Monitors connected with your device will show the date and time on the taskbar of secondary screen.
- Microsoft resolved the issue where it displays right-to-lef (RTL) language text as left-justified on File Explorer command menus as well as on the context menus.
- Microsoft has resolved an issue where the time zone list goes blank on some non-admin accounts.
- Added a new entry point that allows showing the Weather details on the left side of the taskbar whenever a user hovers on the weather icon.
- Fixed an issue where the tootips showed incorrectly while hovering on the icons such as volume, battery or Wi-Fi.
Besides these fixes, Microsoft has also fixed the Microsoft OneDrive bug that wasn’t deleting the files when a Windows device is reset.
To get comprehensive details about the update KB5011493 release notes
Meanwhile, you can signup for our newsletter and get the latest Windows news delivered to your doorstep.