The latest release of Linux Distro ‘KaOS’ is now ready to be downloaded.
KaOS developers have announced the release of KaOS 2022.04. The latest release of the Linux distro bring several improvements and bug fixes.
The newest release of KaOS also incorporates Linux Kernel 5.17 and KDE Plasma 5.24.4 desktop environment.
KDE Terminal Emulator, Konsole Brings New Enhancements
The KaOS 2022.04 release brings a few changes in its Konsole:
- Quick Commands plugin for Konsole allows users to build short scripts.
- SSH plugin for Konsole has been enhanced thereby enabling users to assign distinct visual profiles.
- The latest release replaces IWD (iNet wireless daemon) with wpa_supplicant.
- Video editing application ‘Kdenlive’ offers users two new options:
- Using the guides to set up the timeline as references.
- Option to create customized profiles and render by zones.
- Okular app now alerts immediately whenever you sign a document with no valid digital certificates.
- The release includes a new document scanning software ‘Skanpage’. You can find it in KaOS software repositories.
Lastly, the KaOS 22.04 Linux distro updates a few packages to the version mentioned below:
- Glib2 2.72.1
- Linux kernel 5.17.5
- Systemd 250.4
- Boost 1.78.0
- DBus 1.14.0
- Mesa 22.0.2
- Vulkan packages 1.3.212
- Util-linux 2.38
- Coreutils 9.1
- Libusb 1.0.26
- KDE Frameworks 5.93.0
- KDE Plasma 5.24.4
Download KaOS 2022.04 ISO from the following link: https://kaosx.us/pages/download/
Subscribe to our newsletter today for hot and trending Linux News updates from prominent tech industries.