AlmaLinux team has officially announced the rollout of AlmaLinux 8.6 Beta for x86 64, ARM, and ppc64le architectures.
The latest version of the CentOS alternative has been codenamed “Sky Tiger”. It incorporates several new changes within the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.6.
A few of the changes included within the AlmaLinux 8.6 Beta update are:
- New module streams added; PHP 8.0, Perl 5.32, log4j 2, and container-tools 4.0
- New repositories added; Real-Time (RT) and Real-Time for NFV (NFV)
- The latest release brings drop-in configuration files support to OpenSSH
- The latest release brings the checksum option to the semodule command to verify the versions of installed SELinux policy modules
Meanwhile, interested users can install the ISOs from the mirror link.
Below we have offered commands to upgrade the almalinux-release package to 8.6-0.0.el8 version from the repositories:
$ dnf install -y https://repo.almalinux.org/almalinux/almalinux-release-latest-8-beta.x86_64.rpm $ dnf clean all
Furthermore, the new package comprises updated repository URLs which the users can run by the following command:
$ dnf upgrade -y
Packages added in the AlmaLinux 8.6 Beta update are:
- almalinux-backgrounds – AlmaLinux background images. Replaces redhat-backgrounds
- almalinux-indexhtml – AlmaLinux default browser page. Replaces redhat-indexhtml
- almalinux-logos – AlmaLinux graphics for OS. Replaces redhat-logos
- almalinux-logos-httpd – AlmaLinux graphics for HTTPD server. Replaces redhat-logos-httpd
- almalinux-logos-ipa – AlmaLinux graphics for IPA server. Replaces redhat-logos-ipa
- almalinux-release – AlmaLinux release package, repos, and EULA. Replaces redhat-release and redhat-release-eula
For more details about the latest release of AlmaLinux, you can head over to the following link:
Subscribe to our newsletter today for hot and trending Linux News updates from prominent tech industries.