A few months back, Twitter started testing the Twitter Circle feature among a few limited users. And now, the microblogging platform is rolling out the feature to more users.
According to Twitter, its new feature lets users share tweets with a max of 150 people.
Twitter Circle, to an extent, is similar to Instagram’s Close Friend feature, which allows sharing your thoughts and views with a small group.
Meanwhile, users should note that the Twitter circle is in its early stage and is just accessible to some users. If you haven’t received the update as of now, then it may be rolled out to you in the next phase.
If you have already received the update, here’s how you can enable Twitter Circle on both Android and iOS:
- Open Twitter on your phone and select the tweet option to open up the Tweet composer.
- Now, within the Tweet composer, choose the Everyone option (it will display the audience menu).
- Click on the edit button next to the Twitter Circle option.
- Now, you will see an option to search and add the people you would like in the circle.
- You can add/remove people in the circle by clicking on the respective options.
- Click done to save changes. You can now continue drafting your tweet.
Note: Once you have made the changes, Twitter will make your tweet visible to a close group of people.
As we said before, this feature is relatively similar to Instagram’s close friend story feature, where the platform allows sharing stories with your close group.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest Network/Internet News updates from leading tech firms and industries.