Lately, Microsoft teased a few features for the upcoming Windows 11 version 22H2.
During Microsoft’s Hybrid work event, the OS giant offered a glimpse of the features to be included in the forthcoming update.
Having said that, let us discuss the features of the upcoming Windows 11 22H2 update.
Table of Contents
Tabs Support for Windows 11 File Explorer and other Changes
The first change we noticed on Windows 11 version 22H2 is the tabs support for the File Explorer in Windows 11.
The new tabs support offers a great experience for managing folders similar to the Microsoft Edge.
Besides this, other features to be included within the Windows 11 file explorer are:
- File Explorer will have an option that allows users to pin their favourite files in the directory. This feature is similar to the option available in Microsoft 365 or OneDrive.
- A new modern sidebar named ‘Home’ will comprise the options available on ‘This PC’.
- The update likewise enhances the OneDrive integration in the file explorer.
- Lastly, Windows 11 21H2 update incorporates a contextual suggestion feature
- that permits users to view all files in one centralized place.
Enhanced Protection Against Phishing
Additionally, the 21H2 update brings enhanced phishing protection. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen will alert users when they try to store passwords in plain texts in Notepad or any other similar app. The SmartScreen will also warn the users when they accidentally enter their passwords into phishing websites.
Microsoft said, “These enhancements will make Windows the world’s first operating system with phishing safeguards built directly into the platform and shipped out of the box to help users stay productive and secure without learning to be their own IT department.”
The widgets board could soon appear on the right side of the display. Though Microsoft teased a full-screen widgets board, there is no clarity on whether the feature will arrive in the upcoming 21H2 update.
Last but not least, a suggestion feature has been added that allows highlighting a date in a Teams message, and Windows will suggest actions.
For instance, you will get suggestions to add an event on the highlighted date if you highlight a date.
Interested in getting regular updates on Windows Operating System? Signup for our newsletter today to receive the latest Windows news.