Today, Microsoft released Windows 11 KB5007262 cumulative update that brings 70 fixes as well as improvements.
This cumulative update for Windows 11 is included as a part of Microsoft’s November 2021 monthly “C” preview update. The preview update will allow admins and users to test the forthcoming updates and bug fixes planned to be released in the December 2021 Patch Tuesday.
You might be slightly confused and might be asking yourself, what is the difference between a C update and a Patch Tuesday update?
Basically, a C update is considered to be an optional update that contains several bug fixes and performance enhancements. However, doesn’t contain any security fix or update for the vulnerability.
Whereas the Patch Tuesday update contains both security fixes as well as bug fixes.
Now, to install the update, you need to simply navigate to Settings >> Windows Update >>> Check for Updates.
Note: Windows 11 KB5007262 preview update is an optional update for Windows 11. So users will need to click on the download and install button.
Once you install this cumulative update, the Windows version will be updated to build 22000.348.
Meanwhile, Windows 10 users can also check out this update by referring to Microsoft Update Catalog.
Having said that, let’s have a glance at the improvements and bug fixes included in this update.
Windows 11 KB5007262 Preview Update Highlights
The KB5007262 November 2021 update brings 70 improvements and fixes. These are the highlights of the update:
- Updates an issue that makes Internet Explorer to crash while you use the Input Method Editor (IME) to copy and paste text.
- Updates volune control issues in the bluetooth audio devices.
- Updates an issue that automatically deletes Serbian language from a system.
- The animation performance of the icons on the taskbar is now more enhanced than before.
- Addresses an issue that hides the File Explorer and desktop shortcut menus. Generally, this issue occurs when you enable the ‘single click to open’ option.
- Updates an issue that causes a few variable fonts to display incorrectly.
- Updates an issue that causes system to send report that ‘printer can’t be detected‘ even if it is connected.
- Addresses an issue that causes some apps unable to respond on input. Mainly it occurs on the systems having a touchpad.
For more details on what’s included in the cumulative update 5007262, read Microsoft’s support article.
Meanwhile, you can signup for our newsletter and get latest Windows news delivered to your doorstep.