Popular ultra-lightweight server operating system, FreeBSD has obtained a new maintenance update for its 12 series.
FreeBSD 12.4 update comes a year after the release of its prior version. The update brings numerous bug fixes and enhancements to the operating system.
What’s Included in FreeBSD 12.4?
The 12.4 update also brings numerous package updates; the Elastic Network Family kernel driver updated to version 2.6.1, OpenSSL, and OpenSSH to 1.1.1q. and 9.1p1.
A few other changes included in FreeBSD 12.4 are:
- The if_epair(4) driver now allows multiple cores to be used to process traffic to improve performance.
- The unbound(8) utility has been updated to version 1.16.3.
- The telnetd(8) daemon has been deprecated.
- The tcpdump(1) utility now allows users to set a number of rules which will be exposed as part of the pflog header.
- The LLVM toolchain suite has been updated to version 13.0.0.
- The dma(8) utility has been updated to snapshot 2022-01-27.
- The file(1) utility has been updated to version 5.43.
- The libarchive(3) library has been updated to version 3.6.0.
Last but not the least, you can check out the comprehensive details of the 12.4 version by visiting the official FreeBSD page.
Subscribe to our newsletter today for hot and trending Linux News updates from prominent tech industries.