OVHcloud‘s Strasbourg Data Center was destroyed by a major fire and the company now gives an update regarding the latest situation.
On Wednesday morning, the OVH data center fire darkens popular sites worldwide. The fire at Strasbourg Data Center, Europe damaged the SBG2 data center entirely and further damaged four rooms in the SBG1 data center. Soon after this unfortunate event, the company shared the latest information and status.
OVHcloud Declared That its Three Priorities Are:
- Reserve infrastructures at the other data centers for the customers impacted by the Strasbourg Data Center fire incident: The company has a stock of new servers at the Roubaix and Gravelines sites, waiting to be given to most of the affected clients. OVHcloud will additionally improve the availability in these datacentres, with the production of approximately 10,000 new servers in the upcoming weeks. The clients that are affected by this incident shall be kept updated about the situation.
- Secure the site: OVHcloud has retrieved access, clean it up, and reconnect the electricity and the network for the three affected datacenters.
- Advance to evaluate the impact on the customers’ servers and find the best solutions
Updates on the Strasbourg Data center
- Diagnostic and Inventory currently in progress
- OVHcloud is in the process of clearing up and restoring the damaged buildings to guarantee a secure working environment for the teams.
- The company has accomplished its task of extracting the extinguishing foam and water from the street. The company will also remove the water from the water tank.
- SBG2 may likely need to be reconstructed completely.
- SBG1 was severely damaged.
- After a preliminary audit, Network room SBG1 will be restored at the start of the next week.
- The provisional date for restoring the power supply is Monday, March 15th.
- After performing the servers will be activated room by room.
- SBG4: preliminary audits did not disclose issues. The company’s aim presently is to recover power during week 12 and eventually reactivate all the services.
- SBG3 was not affected by the fire. The company intends to restore the power and network during week 12 and eventually reactivate all the services.
This all about the updates on the Strasbourg Data center.
Want to read more about Data Centers News? Sign up for our newsletter for the latest update.