With Firefox 93.0 update, ads are being displayed in the address bar. Let’s see how to disable sponsored ads in the address bar of Mozilla Firefox.
After the Firefox 93.0 update, whenever you type your search queries, you will see a sponsored ad related to your search query. These ads can be quite intrusive as you will not want to see these sponsor ads show up along with search suggestions.
Already the web pages on the internet are filled with ads and with the ads on the address bar, the Firefox users will be more upset. Mozilla names this feature as Firefox Suggest.
Meanwhile, you can see the Firefox support page for additional details on the Firefox Suggest feature.
On the page, Firefox calls this feature as the trustworthy guide to better Web, surfacing relevant information and websites help achieve your goals.
The Firefox developer further says that the relevant recommendations come from trusted partners and depend on what you are searching for.
Over the years Firefox address bar showed just suggestions like browsing history and open tabs. However, after the 93.0 updates and after enabling the Firefox Suggest feature, it will also show ads from Mozilla partners.
One thing to note here is that the suggestion feature will not be enforced, the user will get a notification to enable Firefox Suggest. The user can click on allow suggestions button to receive suggestions or click on Customize in settings to pick the experience and suggestions type in the address bar.
Having said that, let’s see how to disable sponsored ads in the address bar of Mozilla Firefox (Disable Firefox Suggest feature).
How to Disable Sponsored Ads in Firefox Address Bar
The Firefox users that have Firefox Suggest enabled can disable it with the following steps:
- Click the three lines button found on the top right of the Firefox browser
- Clicking on it will open the menu
- Click on Settings > Privacy and Security
- Scroll down to find the Address Bar Options and go to Firefox Suggest section
- For disabling the contextual suggestions, select or unselect the checkbox besides the contextual suggestions.
- You can even enable or disable the conventional address bar suggestions like the browsing history and bookmarks by selecting or unselecting their associated checkboxes.
Featured Image: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/93.0/releasenotes
Are you looking for more software news? Stay tuned for the latest software news from top tech industries.