Last week Microsoft released Windows 10 21H2 aka November 2021 update with some new features. The update includes some features beneficial for business users, a highly awaited GPU compute feature to WSL, and lastly support for WPA3 H2E (Hash-to-Element) protocol that provides enhanced protection against side-channel attacks.
And, now Microsoft has made the ISO image available to the users for a clean installation of Windows 10 OS on your system.
Meanwhile, if you want to upgrade to the new Windows version or want to perform a clean installation then, we recommend that you either create an ISO or download the ISO for that Windows version.
ISO is the compressed file of the original media that can be burned to a DVD or USB with the help of ISO burners.
Windows 10 by default allows mounting ISO images as a drive partition. Hence, you can easily mount ISOs without the help of any third-party software or tools.
The ISOs can be used as a backup file or as a restore point. So, in case of any unfortunate event, you won’t lose all of your data and restore it to the last checkpoint.
Having said that, let’s see the method to download the recent Windows 10 21H2 ISO.
How to Download Windows 10 21H2 ISO
For downloading the new Windows 10 21H2 ISO, you need Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool (MCT) to create the ISO.
The MCT allows users to download the newest version of the Windows 10 ISO and later burn it to a DVD or bootable USB drive.
Now, let’s begin the steps to download the Windows 10 21H2 ISO:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Windows 10 download page.
- Now scroll down a little and look for ‘Dowload tool now‘ link (Create Windows 10 installation media).
- An exe file named ‘MediaCreationTool21H2.exe’ will be downloaded.
- Double-click on the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe file and give the necessary permission to run the executable file and proceed to next step.
- Next step is to click on the Accept button to agree with the MCT’s license agreement and proceed to the next step.
- Meanwhile, the tool will display a message ‘Getting a few things ready‘.
- Now, you will have two options for installing new Windows version; one is to upgrade this PC now and other one is to create installation media with a DVD, USB or ISO.
- When you see the above mentioned options, pick the Create installation media option to either create a bootable USB drive or create an ISO and click the Next button.
- Now, MCT will start downloading OS files required for creating an ISO image file. (The whole process can take a while).
- Once the process is completed, the MCT will ask you to give some details (Language, Edition and Architecture of your system) before creating an ISO image. Now, click on the Next button to proceed.
- Now, MCT will show two options for picking the media; create bootable USB or create an ISO file. Here, you need to pick the ISO file option.
- On picking the ISO file option, the Media Creation Tool will now ask you to pick the location where you want to save the ISO image. Click on the save buton to initiate the downloading process.
- Once you specify the location of ISO file, the Media Creation Tool will start creating ISO file in that mentioned location (the process will take some time).
- Wait for Media Creation Tool to create finishing ISO image and then click on Finish button.
You have successfully created the Windows 10 21H2 ISO image file, you can either use it for virtual machines or create bootable media.
Looking for more Windows news? Signup for our newsletter and get the latest update