Clonezilla announced that its latest version 2.6.5-21 has released. Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning software that is similar to Acronis True Image and Norton Ghost. With the update, the Clonezilla Live 2.6.5-21 is based on Linux Kernel 5.4.19-1 and Debian Sid repository. Clonezilla Live is a small bootable GNU/Linux distro for 32-bit and 64-bit AMD based computers.
The software helps you in system deployment, bare metal backup, and recovery. The software has three types available Clonezilla live, lite and server edition.
What’s new in Update.
Apart from the software being based on the new Linux kernel and Debian repository, the developers have made changes in the language files. Below u can find the list of changes made in the new update.
- Update of following language files: ca_ES, de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR, hu_HU, it_IT, ja_JP, pl_PL, sk_SK, and tr_TR.
- Improve ocs-restore-mdisks by adding option -a|–last-action to separate the last action before it’s finished.
- Clonezilla Live latest packages include nvme-cli and scrub,tmux, mtr-tiny, dcfldd, and iotop.
- New Bluetooth Packages Bluetooth, bluez, and bluez-tools.
- Let a bare block device with a file system (e.g, /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1), which we treat as a partition, can be chosen as the destination disk when not saving.
- New upstream gen-torrent-from-ptcl (from partclone_create_torrent.py).
- s3ql package added which allows users to mount S3/swift cloud storage.
- With the implementation of fuse v3 in Debian, sid archivemount and cloudfuse packages have been removed because these packages used to work on fuse v2.
- Removed nonempty from sshfs mounting since fuse3 has used it by default,
- Added a workaround for singularity-Debian-ocs.def so that the weird keyboard-configuration won’t be asked interactively.
Moreover, bugs have been fixed with this update. If you want to try the latest update then you can download Clonezilla live version 2.6.5-21, from here.
Interested in Linux News’ daily update? Subscribe our newsletter for daily updates.